If I have to pick the top three things I love most about my best friends, here’s what they would be:
On the fans! Borrow pants???
- Was my first friend in CMIC (back then it was MILC,) it was kindergarten and Ma’am Inn made me sit beside you, and you instantly said in a snap, “Hi! I’m Christian!”
- Loves to sing, and is totally going to have his own platinum album and sold-out concert one day (featuring us, of course :P) – right after he becomes a priest, and we’ll go to every one of his sermons, and we will cheer and clap during those sermons.
- Had major fights over silly and minor things (that now, actually, seems ridiculous) but at the end of it all, we always have each other’s backs no matter what. (Not literally, of course.)
SMACK YOUR OWN BUTT!
- Loves to read just as much as I do, and I can always count on her (Again, not literally) whenever I feel like talking or sharing or basically anything with books.
- Stayed with me loads of times when my carpool was late and I had to stay ’till, like, six, when she could’ve just left me and go home like a sane person would.
- Always seem to pick her up during laags, but neither of is ever complains and I actually kinda look forward to it.
Are you crazy? No, I’m April.
- Always manages to make me laugh out loud by her sarcasm and her “common sense.”
- Loves to draw, especially when it comes to dresses and eyes, ans is totally gonna be a famous fashion designer and part-time eye doctor in the future.
- Always seems to know whether something is bothering me or not.
I wouldn’t be eating it if it wasn’t yummy.
- Always speaks her mind no matter what, and is completely blunt about everything, doesn’t care about what others think about her.
- Bad-ass and daring from time to time, but sincere when she needs to be, something you can always sense in her laugh.
- Argues with me over the silliest things, but then we forget about it ten seconds later and I know she loves me anyway (as a friend, my god, you sickos :P)
Boo, you whore.
- grabbed every opportunity given by the hands of fate to spend quality time with us before she moved to Australia (what has Australia have that we don’t have? besides a hundred kangaroos)
- I can quote Mean Girls with her and she’ll jump (no pun intended) right to it, and we can call each other names and not get offended
- Invited me to go to the JoBro’s concert with her, and how she screamed like she was in a horror movie and hyperventilated like she was giving birth and belted her lungs out during the actual show.
I think I understand now. (I practically hear April say oh relle??)
I’m thinking about all these things as I write this, feeling like we’ve spent too much time making fun of one another or talking about things that don’t matter or wishing things and people were different – better, more interesting, cuter, smarter.
Anyway, I’ll go ahead and say it right now: I love you bleeps to death!!!
Because you never really know when it’s the last time. The last laugh, the last cup of coffee, the last sunset, the last time you jump through a sprinkler, or eat an ice-cream cone, or dance in the rain. You just don’t know.
But here’s what I realized: the moments we share never end.
That’s when I realized that certain moments go on forever. Even after they’re over they still go on, even after you’re dead and buried, those moments are lasting still, backward and forward, on into infinity. They are everything and everywhere all at once.
They are the meaning.